Far too often we take for granted the opportunities we are given to make decisions. These decisions that you make day in and day out are typically ones that align with your values and goals. However, with the current state of information overload at your finger tips, some of the decisions we are making related to our health care have a major impact on whether or not we will be able to reach those goals.
Take control of your health. Find a health care provider that is right for you because ultimately it is YOUR CHOICE! You are in the drivers seat when it comes to finding someone who will listen to your concerns, address those concerns and work WITH you to develop the right plan to get you to where you want to be.
With the forever increasing healthcare costs, higher copays and outrageous deductibles, making the right choice is more vital now than ever before. Many times we feel limited due to insurance coverage, in network versus out of network providers and so on… but the truth is, this is YOUR life, YOUR health and YOUR right to find a location and provider that is best for
Choosing a physical therapist is no exception. Not all Physical Therapy clinics are alike just like not all doctor’s offices are alike. Finding the right Physical Therapist to meet your needs is not as daunting as it may seem.
Here are some things to look for in a Physical Therapist:
- Do they listen? Now I don’t mean they nod their heads when you talk and bury themselves in their computers- Do they really listen to you? Are they engaged in what you are saying and asking questions?
- Are they giving you education that makes sense to what you are being seen for?
- Are you welcomed with a warm smile from the time you walk in the door to the time you leave by every member of the team?
- Do they value your time by starting your appointments on time?
- Do they communicate with other members of your healthcare team to ensure everyone is on the same page with the emphasis of getting you to where you want to be?
- Are your providers seeking additional education to make them a better clinician? Are they staying up to date on the latest research in the ever changing health care system?
Your time is valuable, your health is valuable, and your provider should make you feel that way. Get to know our staff and find a Physical Therapist that’s right for you! https://physicaltherapyptc.com/about-us/staff/
Jackie Giese, LPTA
Physical Therapist Assistant
Physical Therapy Consultants, Inc.
PTC_therapy December 4th, 2019
Posted In: General
Leave a Reply