Did you know you can still go out to eat and stay on track with healthy eating? Changing eating habits and making healthy choices can be a daunting task but don’t let it deter you from still going out. Going to restaurants with friends and family, trying new foods and enjoying life is a part of your healthy lifestyle.
Here are a few tips to stay on task and not feel guilty about eating out!
1) Most restaurants have menus online now, check out the menu before you go to get an idea.
2) Eat a light, healthy snack such as an apple with small amount of nut butter or veggies and hummus before you go out so you are not starving by the time you get there prompting impulsive, unhealthy choices.
3) Avoid deep fried foods
4) Ask how a meal is prepared, look for grilled meats and steamed vegetables.
5) Avoid dishes with cream sauces and/or a lot of cheese.
6) When ordering a salad ask for dressing on the side.
7) With a burger, scrap the bun. This could save you an average of 120 extra calories.
8) Ask for a to go box right away and put half to the side decreasing the chance of over eating.
9) Drink plenty of water. Try to skip the pop and/or alcoholic beverages to avoid drinking empty calories.
Be happy, be healthy and enjoy life! Here’s to making healthy lifestyle choices and changes!
Kerra Pietsch, LPTA
Physical Therapist Assistant
Andover Physical Therapy
PTC_therapy September 19th, 2018
Posted In: General
Tags: eat healthy