Why Should I Donate Blood?
• Every 2 seconds someone in the U.S. needs blood
• Over 21,000 people receive blood products from a Red Cross Donor daily
• Most popular blood type requested from hospitals is Type O, so if you are type O- you are wanted!
• Someone in a motor vehicle accident can require as many as 100 pints of blood
Benefits of Donating According to the American Red Cross:
• It feels great to donate!
• You get free juice and delicious cookies.
• It’s something you can spare – most people have blood to spare… yet, there is still not enough to go around.
• You will help ensure blood is on the shelf when needed – most people don’t think they’ll ever need blood, but many do.
• You will be someone’s hero – in fact, you could help save more than one life with just one donation.
St. Francis Physical Therapy will be hosting a blood drive Wednesday, January 24th from 9am- 3pm.
Give 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit www.redcrossblood.org and enter SFPT to schedule an appointment.
Dustin Eslinger January 3rd, 2018
Posted In: General
Tags: American Red Cross, Blood donation