I love this time of year for many reasons, but one of them is it is peak time for strawberry rhubarb. My all favorite spring time dessert is strawberry rhubarb crisp, and it’s SO easy to make! I will post my favorite recipe below!
- 4 cups rhubarb cut into approximately 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of quick cooking tapioca
- 2/3 cup of flower
- 1/2 cup of quick cooking oats
- 1/4 cup of chopped nuts
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup of butter
- Heat oven to 350.
- Mix strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, lemon juice and tapioca and spread in a lightly greased 8×8 baking dish.
- Combine flour, oats, nuts, brown sugar and cinnamon in a separate bowl. Mix butter in and sprinkle on top of the filling.
- Bake for approximately 45 minutes to an hour, until topping is golden brown and filling is bubbling.
***you can also top it with vanilla ice cream, pairs together perfectly while still warm!!
PTC_therapy May 9th, 2017
Posted In: General