One of the world’s most celebrated holidays is sneaking up on us quickly. St.Patrick’s Day, March 17th is the one day we can pull all of our green clothing out of the wardrobe and wear it with pride. However, it’s also a day to get creative in the kitchen. Here is the recipe to one my favorite St.Patty’s Day treats.
Ingredients for Brownies
4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
1 cup unsalted butter
4 large eggs
2 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup flour
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
4 tbsp green crème de menth (or use green food coloring plush a dash of peppermint extract)
6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
6 tbsp unsalted butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and mist 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray.
2. Prepare brownies: In double boiler, melt baking chocolate and 1 cup butter over simmering water, cool slightly.
4. Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 25 minutes.
5. Remove from oven and leave brownies to cool in pan.
6. Make filling: Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the 1/2 cup butter and confectioners’ sugar together until well blended.
7. Stir in the creme de menthe and blend well.
8. Spread over cooled brownies
9. Refrigerate in original baking pan until filling is firm.
10. Make icing: Melt the chocolate chips and 6 T butter in the top of a double boiler, stirring until smooth. (You can do this in the microwave, just monitor closely and stir a few times.).
11. Pour the warm glaze over the filling and tilt pan to distribute the icing evenly.
12. Refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
13. To cut, allow brownies to come to room temperature in the pan so chocolate doesn’t crack.
Hope you all enjoy this treat, I know your taste buds will be thanking you. Share your favorite St.Patricks day dessert, meal or family tradition below. We would love to hear how you and your family celebrate this holiday.
Physical Therapy Consultants Inc. March 5th, 2017
Posted In: General