Now that we have turned the corner and are hopefully getting away from snowflakes, it’s time for patio season. Here is a refreshing drink for adults and kids alike to enjoy all Spring and Summer long and it even has some health benefits!!
Strawberry Watermelon Cucumber Juice!
You will need:
– a juicer or blender
– 8-10 strawberries
– 1 cup of cut, cubed watermelon (remove seeds if not using a seedless watermelon)
-1/4 peeled cucumber
Place all ingredients into juicer or blender and mix well. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour then enjoy!
Health Benefits of the 3 ingredients:
– Strawberries: a great source of vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants.
- Boost immunity function
- Regulate blood sugar
- Helps arthritis by decreasing inflammation
- Lowers blood pressure
- Digestive health
- Helps regulate mood from omega-3 fatty acids in the seeds
-Watermelon: high in vitamin A, vitamin C, and antioxidants
- High water content helps keep you hydrated and improve digestion
- Improve heart health
- Brain health from the antioxidant lycopene
- Help relieve muscle soreness
-Cucumber: high in vitamins and minerals
- Also with a high water content to keep you hydrated and decrease inflammation
- Lower blood sugar
Kerra Pietsch, LPTA
Physical Therapist Assistant
Andover Physical Therapy
PTC_therapy May 22nd, 2019
Posted In: General