I had the privilege of getting a great massage the other week to help loosen up my neck and I can tell you I would benefit from a few more!! Who doesn’t love a good massage?!
There are many different types of massage. Here are a few of the most popular and how to pick what would be the most beneficial for you!
1) Swedish Massage – for relaxation.
2) Hot Stone Massage – deeper than Swedish because of the added heat.
3) Deep Tissue Massage – good for chronic pain or significant muscle tension. Be careful if you are sensitive to pressure.
4) Sports Massage – good for repetitive muscle use, improve flexibility.
5) Trigger Point Massage – good for chronic pain.
6) Shiatsu Massage – for relaxation and muscle tension.
7) Thai Massage -more active massage involving stretching.
8) Reflexology – pressure points in the feet, hands and ears.
9) Prenatal Massage – for moms to be focusing on decreasing discomfort.
The American Massage Therapy Association compiled a list of the 25 reasons to get a massage!
Physical Therapy Consultants have some amazing massage therapists waiting to help you. Learn more HERE.
Schedule your massage today!
Kerra Pietsch, LPTA
Physical Therapist Assistant
Andover Physical Therapy
PTC_therapy October 24th, 2018
Posted In: General
Leave a Reply