Eating Your Way to Beauty
I’ve been recently reading a book called “Eat Pretty,” that reveals how nutrition can be our most powerful tool in the quest for radiance at any age. If spring is here on your calendar that means we all made it through another long and cold winter! This spring is your season to come alive again. Spring is the season for detoxification. This doesn’t require extra work. This book tells you everything you need to know about boosting your pretty in this plant based diet. Did you know that only 6 delicious foods could boost your energy levels and restore youth to your body in the months ahead? Here they are:
- Asparagus: This vegetable is filled with folate and Vitamin B that is important for DNA synthesis and cell repair.
- Coconut: Coconut water is a great fluid for balancing your electrolytes, which helps your heart deliver oxygenated blood throughout your body.
- Garlic- Supports healthy intestinal flora and boosts circulation that stops wrinkle formation.
- Green beans- These beans are high in silicon that promotes skin strength and elasticity.
- Spinach- It’s bursting with blood-oxygenating chlorophyll and minerals like iron and manganese that support cell renewal and repair. It also contains vitamin K that assists with bone strengthening.
- Lemon- This fruit is high in collagen-building vitamin C and it helps to cleanse the blood and digestive tract.
What do you want your relationship with food to look like? How do you want to feel? If you are interested in even more information on nutritious foods for your body and would like to become an Eat Pretty eater, find Jolene’s book in store today.
Physical Therapist Assistant
St.Francis Physical Therapy
References: Hart, Jolene. Eat Pretty. San Francisco: Published in 2014.
Physical Therapy Consultants Inc. March 18th, 2016
Posted In: General