5 week countdown to 5k!!
We are excited to announce that we are hosting our 3rd annual 5k walk/run on Saturday, October 15thin recognition of National Physical Therapy Month. The proceeds from the walk/run will be going to the volunteer organization, Citizens Supporting Our Armed Forces who support our deployed soldiers and their families. Will this be your first 5k run/walk ever?? Don’t even know where to start? No worries, we are here to help.
Making A Plan
First off, you may be asking how many miles is a 5k. A 5k is 3.1 miles. I just started using the couch to 5k application 2 weeks ago that has helped me ease into the 5k training plan gradually. There are 2 ways to follow this training program, to measure your runs by time or by distance. The app doesn’t push you to run your very fastest, but it focuses on increasing your time or distance you run. Each session should take about 20 to 30 minutes, 3 times per week. Download the app on your phone now to go from couch potato to 5k.
3 Ways To Find Motivation To Run
1. Find a running buddy. A running partner can make your training days more enjoyable.
2. Signing up for a race: Having a goal to work towards and an exact date will help you stick to your training.
3. Reward yourself: Maybe you didn’t miss a day from running? You did better on your race time? Celebrate it! Buy something that will help you with your new hobby: a new pair of running shoes, a water bottle or a runner’s watch.
- Stretch after every workout to avoid injuries.
- Don’t push yourself too hard, jog at a comfortable pace.
- Hydrate and eat an hour before your run for energy.
Please invite your family and friends to our 5k. Halloween costumes are encouraged!! Go to the link below to sign up for our 5k now. We are now offering online registration! Can’t wait to see you there!
Kaitlyn Grell, LPTA
St.Francis Physical Therapy
PTC_therapy September 10th, 2016
Posted In: General
Leave a Reply