Staff Occupational Therapist
Physical Therapy Consultants is a medical clinic which offers a safe and professional environment to achieve your career goals. We encourage all of our employees to grow as professionals and as individuals. At Physical Therapy Consultants we strive to provide our employees with a fun and positive atmosphere. We work as a team and support all of our locations working together. We truly care about our employee’s happiness and success.
Occupational Therapist needed to provide work conditioning and work hardening.
- Must have graduated with a degree in and be licensed by the State of Minnesota asan Occupational Therapist.
- Must have one year of Occupational Therapy experience in a healthcare setting.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Evaluates all patients referred for treatment and recommends a program to the attending Physician if applicable.
- Initiates Occupational Therapy treatment programs upon Physician’s order or per findings of initial evaluation.
- Administers and directs all Occupational Therapy treatment programs.
- Records all evaluations and Occupational Therapy treatments according to established procedures.
- Maintains clinical records per existing Physical Therapy Consultants, Inc. policy.
- Attends Utilization Review, Infection Control, Safety and Patient Care policy committee meetings upon request of Administration.
- Participates in formulation and implementation of new programs within the clinic.
- Participates in formulation and teaching of in-service programs to strengthen rehabilitation skills.
- Interprets Occupational Therapy philosophy, policies and procedures to patients and support staff.
- Provides periodic reports on direct services as required by Federal, State and local regulations.
- Maintains Occupational Therapy Clinic and operations in accordance with State and Federal guidelines.
- Maintains Occupational Therapy Clinic according to established procedures in order to maintain aspects and infection control.
- Shared housekeeping responsibilities – as per housekeeping policy.
Requires ability to use proper methods to lift and transfer adult patients, must be able to use Occupational Therapy and adaptive equipment. Must be able to travel.